Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Lay me down by Sam Smith

Yes, I do, I believe
 That one day I will be
 Where I was right there 
Right next to you 
 And it's hard
 The days just seem so dark 
The moon and the stars
 Are nothing without you
 Your touch, your skin 
Where do I begin? 
No words can explain
 The way I'm missing you
 Deny this emptiness 
This hole that I'm inside
 These tears
 They tell their own story 
 Told me not to cry when you were gone 
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong
 Can I lay by your side?
 Next to you, you 
And make sure you're alright
 I'll take care of you 
I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight 
I'm reaching out to you 
Can you hear my call?
 This hurt that I've been through
 I'm missing you, missing you like crazy 
 You told me not to cry when you were gone
 But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong 
 Can I lay by your side? 
Next to you, you 
And make sure you're alright 
I'll take care of you
 I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight
 Lay me down tonight
 Lay me by your side
 Lay me down tonight
 Lay me by your side
 Can I lay by your side?
 Next to you
 You

No comments:

Post a Comment